Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy Canada Day!

Relay For Life 2014 Opening Ceremonies


Opening Ceremonies of Relay For Life 2014 in Woolwich. I learned this Bruno Mars song specifically for this event. I felt the song's message would fit well. It was an honour to take part in such a worthy cause.

Friday, March 28, 2014

Free Fallin' (Acoustic Cover & Looper Arrangement)

Hi Everyone,

Just posting my latest YouTube upload in conjunction with some looper workshops I've been doing. Hope you like it and don't forget to check out my lessons site at http://www.guitarhewrote.com for more info regarding this and other lessons related material. Thanks! :)




Loopers are really fun toys to play with but like anything, can be overused. The first rule I made for myself regarding loopers for live gigs is DON'T loop every song. I think it's safe to say that at least 80% - 90% of my live acoustic sets are exactly just that...Acoustic guitar and voice and nothing else. The remaining 10% - 20% are looper arrangements from simple "boom chick" patterns to full instrumentation/production. I'm from the school of thought that looping should be done live on the fly as opposed to recorded and prepared at home to be suddenly unleashed to an unsuspecting audience. The trick, especially with an older single-track looper, is to figure out how to arrange a song so that the looping is done seamlessly and live.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

"Just The Way You Are" chords

Hi everyone!

Finally remembered to get this chord chart uploaded. I got a few requests a while back.

You can see it on YouTube here...http://youtu.be/nAQF9SccMoY

Ok happy strumming! See you soon :)



All the best,

Norm